Quality creatives make for a good community, and Airtory actively vets its creatives. Repeated submissions of bad creatives will result in accounts being revoked.
General Airtory Guidelines
- Only family-friendly creatives are allowed.
- Creatives are not allowed to auto-redirect to any web page or app stores without prior users' interaction.
- Creatives are not allowed to auto-load any video content without prior users' interaction.
- No user prompts should be observed with creatives or landing pages.
- No auto downloading of files should be observed with creatives or landing pages.
- No iFrames are allowed.
- No gambling ads allowed.
- Creatives must be related to content of landing page.
- No anti-virus ads allowed
Please email your friendly Airtory representative if you have any questions or doubts regarding the suitability of creatives and advertisers prior to submitting a new campaign. Repeated bad creatives could get your account revoked.
Aside from the General Guidelines, campaigns must respect the guidelines of each and every exchanges they are active bidding from. Currently, all exchanges except AdX are selected by default when a campaign is created. You may override this preference but specifying a particular exchange or exchanges.
Below are the creative policies for each respective Exchange. Please note that these are for reference only, "General Airtory Guidelines" will take precedence when conflicting policies occur.
- Adult sites (full, partial or implied)
- Content that may be deemed as infringing upon rights of any third party, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary right, or that is deceptive or fraudulent.
- Any content that is false, innacurate, misleading or otherwise violates any apllicable law, rule or regulation or advertising or marketing code of practice.
- Strategic commodities including without limitation firearms, ammunitions, fireworks or bombs Alchohol/Tobacco/Drugs.
- Defamatory, libelous, slanderous content in sites are not allowed.
- Promoting or facilitating illegal activities, illegal substances, products, and activities like drugs and drug paraphernalia, promoting illegal contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, deceptive products and services are not allowed.
- The URL submitted should be live at the time of review. The URL should not be misspelled/malformed.
- Ad Exchange policies and enforement
- Requirements for third-party ad serving
- Family Status
- Illegal content or activity
- Advocacy against any protected group (e.g., racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, disability, sex, religion, color, national origin, or veteran status)
- Offensive content or activity
- Infringe upon the intellectual property of another
- Are deceptive, resemble user interface elements (e.g. text boxes) or feature excessive animation, shaking or smileys
- Include applications such as viruses, spyware, and malware
- Conflict with or breach platform policies around privacy and content restrictions, specifically but not limited to restricting use of Advertising Identifier (IDFA) on iOS to the following purposes if the user has enabled the Limit Advertising setting: frequency capping, conversion events, estimating the number of unique users, security and fraud detection, and debugging.
- 'Brand Safe' advertising includes ads for 'premium' or 'recognizable' brands. The advertiser is clearly conveyed in the banner creative, and the product is generally something of intrinsic value to the consumer.
- Creative is not brand quality if the advertiser is ambiguous or the product is deceptive in nature.
- Careers, Education, Local and Hyper-Local advertisers are considered to be 'Brand Safe'.
- Applications distributed through the Apple Store, Android Marketplace, and Amazon Marketplace are generally considered to be 'Brand Safe', so long as the application genre averts Action/Violence, Casino/Gambling, Sci-Fi (aliens, zombies, mutants, humanoides, etc).
Brand Safe Games
'Mobile Games' are considered to be 'Brand Safe', only if their genre and distribution channels are also brand safe. See the 'Games Content' tab for examples of 'Brand Safe' games.
- Description - Mobile games are downloaded to consumers' devices and are commonly delivered through some kind of distribution channel. The game content itself may fall into any of the following genres: Action/Violence, Adventure, Arcade, Board, Card, Casino/Gambling, Dice, Educational, Family, Kids, Music, Puzzle, Racing, Role Playing, Sci-Fi, Simulation, Sports, Strategy, Trivia, and Word. Given the diversity of game genres, Nexage further classifies games into 'Brand Safe' and 'Non-Brand Safe' categories.
- Brand Safe Games - Games that are distributed through the Apple Store, Android Marketplace, or Amazon Marketplace are generally considered to be 'Brand Safe', so long as the game itself averts the following genres: Action/Violence, Casino/Gambling, Sci-Fi (aliens, zombies, mutants, humanoides, etc).
- Safe Games - Games that are NOT distributed through the Apple Store, Android Marketplace, or Amazon Marketplace are considered to be 'Non-Brand Safe'. The following game genres are also considered to be 'NonBrand Safe', regardless of the games' distribution channel: Action/Violence, Casino/Gambling, and Sci-Fi (aliens, zombies, mutants, humanoids, etc).
- Advertiser’s destination URL must be viewable in mobile web browsers.
- Advertiser’s destination URL must link to a working mobile website written in a supported markup language (xhtml, wml, chtml, or html for PDAs).
- Advertiser may not link to an email address or a file (for example, an image, audio, video, or document file that requires an additional program or application to open or run).The landing page for Advertisement cannot be under construction.
- Advertiser’s destination URL must link to an actual mobile web page with content relevant to the applicable Advertisement.
- Advertiser’s destination URL must work properly.
- “Click-to-call” numbers must connect customers to advertiser’s business.
- Phone numbers must be functional.
- Phone numbers may not connect customers to a fax number.
- Phone numbers must be local or domestic to the country advertiser’s Advertisements are targeting.
- Telephone numbers must use the correct format for the target country.
- Toll or fee-based telephone numbers that require additional payment by the caller are not allowed.
- Click to Charge
- Pornographic or highly suggestive content or images.
- Online gambling.
- Sales of weapons or ammunition.
- Sale of tobacco.
- P2P file-sharing, torrent, or anything that facilitates or promotes copyright infringement.
- Extreme violence.
- Hate content, including sites that advocate the superiority of a specific race or ethnic group.
- Excessive profanity.
- Promotion of illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia.
- Promotion of black-hat hacking, cracking, or warez.
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illicit or harmful activity, or infringes on the rights of others. This includes sites that provide “how-to” information on bomb-making, lock-picking, and similar topics.
- Defamatory or libelous content.
- Distribution of viruses, malware.
- Pay per click or pay per search programs.
- Chat/Instant Messaging.
- Video chat and live streaming.
- Proxy sites and/or
- Significant unmoderated UGC (user-generated content).
- Adult humor
- Suggestive content
- Sexual health
- Significant user-generated content
- Sale of alcohol; and/or
- Sale of prescription drugs.